Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Repurposed Drink Mix Containers!

I don't like water.  It's true and I'm not proud of it.  Shamefully, I can skip drinking water for days (now coffee is a totally different story).  Now that the warmer weather is here, I try to be mindful of just how much water I'm drinking.  When I'm out and about plain old water in water bottles is what I choose.  But at home I like to jazz it up with powdered drink mix.  You know the ones...lemonade, iced tea, raspberry ice and the likes.  They are good!  And they come in these adorable cylindrical plastic containers that I couldn't bear to throw away.  Yes, I have hoarder tendencies.


After the containers started piling up I decided I needed to make use of them.  My family is heading out on a road trip soon and these containers can be used in so many ways!  But first I needed to personalize them and make them pretty...can't have cat fights in the car!  I got out my super handy Cricut and some leftover vinyl and got to crafting...


The final result for each one of my girls...


We plan on using them in the car to corral...

DRY SNACKS!

CRAYONS/COLORED PENCILS

GAME CARTRIDGES

IPOD/LIP GLOSS/BRACELET/TOYS
Does your family drink powdered drink mix?  Will you start saving these containers?  What will you use them for?  Tell me all about it!

Linking up with...
Be Inspired @ Elizabeth & Co.
Cowgirl Up @ The Famhouse Porch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Market Yourself Monday @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Before & After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

10 comments:

  1. I use those to keep plastic forks,spoons, knives separeted ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog!!! So excited I found it you have such talent! DARLING!
    xox
    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent points altogether, you just gained a new reader.
    What could you recommend about your publish that you
    just made a few days in the past? Any certain?


    My blog - augmenter vues youtube logiciel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really enjoying the theme/design of your blog. Do you ever run into
    any browser compatibility problems? A handful of my blog
    audience have complained about my site not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in
    Firefox. Do you have any suggestions to help fix this problem?


    Also visit my web page flying airplane games
    my web site: Airplanes games

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for any other informative blog.
    Where else may just I get that type of information written in
    such a perfect approach? I've a challenge that I am simply now operating on, and I've been on the look out for such information.


    Also visit my website :: drastic weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  6. An intriguing discussion is worth comment.
    There's no doubt that that you should publish more about this subject, it might not be a taboo matter but generally people do not talk about these topics. To the next! Kind regards!!

    My web blog: devis fenetre pvc sur mesure

    ReplyDelete
  7. I visited multiple sites however the audio quality for audio
    songs existing at this web site is truly excellent.


    Here is my page :: humax freeview hd pvr

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi exceptional website! Does running a blog similar to this take a massive amount work?
    I've no expertise in coding but I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyways, if you have any suggestions or tips for new blog owners please share. I know this is off subject but I simply needed to ask. Thank you!

    Also visit my web page ... themonkeysuncledtown.Com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this hike.

    Here is my homepage: forex steam review ()

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and friends - so leave a message and follow me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...