Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Give the World the Best You Have...

A few days ago I stumbled upon an unfinished board in the basement.  I have no idea where it came from or how long it's been sitting there.  Clearly I need to clean out my stash (hoard) of furniture, wood and decor.

The wood grain and knots were beautiful so I used a stain and poly blend to bring them out a bit more.  After the two coats were dry, I used my Cricut (LOVE that machine) to cut out a few lines from my husband's favorite poem (it is Father's Day this weekend after all).  I used the negative from the vinyl and painted the letters with one coat of matte black paint.  I hung the three foot board above the fireplace with some dried hydrangeas in my urns. 

It's been raining here so I couldn't snap any great photos, but you get the message...I know I do, each time I sit in the living room!



Surprise, surprise...some of the spacing and letters are off.  I was annoyed when I realized this and questioned starting over or even posting this to begin with.  Then I realized the irony in the sentiment of my sign.  I slaved over this for a few hours and it's perfectly handmade.  And I'm sharing it!



Anyway

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;

Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway.
-Mother Theresa

**Don't forget to enter my Royal Design Studio's Giveaway (that is ending this Friday) if you haven't already!**

Linking up with:
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

1 comment:

  1. I don't even know the way I ended up here, but I thought this publish used to be good. I do not realize who you're however certainly you're going to a well-known blogger in case you aren't already.
    Cheers!

    Here is my blog post - video marketing

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and friends - so leave a message and follow me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...