Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Birthdays, Dressers, Retail Therapy & Mudrooms!

Yeah, I'm all over the place. 

My youngest will be turning three in a few weeks and I've been consumed with party planning on Pinterest.  I'm trying not to get too wrapped up because we're only having a few people over to our house.  It's a pizza and ice cream sundae party.  She chose red and hot pink decorations at the store.  Kinda fitting since her birthday is just a few days before Valentine's Day and her name is Rose!  All I can think about is the ice...cream...bar!





It's hard not to get wrapped up in it when there's so much inspiration out there!  (I was having trouble listing the source for the photos.)

Now, onto my new dresser.  My husband was driving a few weeks ago and spotted some free furniture on the side of the road.  He quickly pulled over and texted me a picture of a gorgeous dresser.  I was beyond excited to get my hands on it!  He pulled into the driveway a short time later with a table (still pretty excited about the table - but where's my dresser???).  He explained that he couldn't fit both, so just grabbed the table.  I was a little heartbroken.  I thought for sure the dresser would be snatched up.  He turned right around and went out looking (he's really the best).  IT WAS STILL THERE!  Yes!  The top is totally broken beyond repair...but I can fix that.  It is beautiful and unique and I have great plans for it.



On to my retail therapy for the week.  I got off easy...only $3.50!

I love jewelry...I wear lots of it but when I get home, it all comes off.  The second I walk through the door everything is placed on the window sill or the counter tops.  During Christmas, I was keeping it in a Christmas dish...but Christmas is over.  Like last month.  So I bought this little beauty for $2.


A little Scott's Liquid Gold later...I swear, I should be compensated by them :) 


This wooden pedestal dish is 5 inches high.  It looks adorable on my window sill and is so functional!


This glass apothecary jar was only a dollar!  It may live in my kitchen or end up in the bathroom holding q-tips.


My favorite find of the day was two old Ball mason jars.  They are so cute and were only $.25 each!  I scored!


But the most exciting information is the possibility that we may be building a mudroom off of our kitchen.  I've said it before...I love our house...but my nemesis is the jackets, shoes and book bags that land all over the kitchen and dining room.  We have no hall closet on the first floor and it's always an issue.  More so in the winter months when there are snow pants, hats and mittens added to the equation.  I am so excited.  But first we have to get the permit squared away.  There's still a chance that this project is a no-go.  Until then, I'll keep pinning away inspiration photos and color schemes...
Source: houzz.com via Jeannie on Pinterest

Source: houzz.com via Jeannie on Pinterest
Source: houzz.com via Jeannie on Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. wow! serious score on all of your shopping (and side-of-the-road) finds! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you husband found that on the side of the road!!! Who leaves stuff like that out? That is such a score - along with your well spent 3.50!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dresser! Can't wait to see what you do with it! You northerners are so lucky with your side of the road finds. People in Florida aren't getting rid of beautiful vintage and antique pieces because all they have is the tacky ft. lauderdale- Miami beach stuff, yuck!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dresser is amazing! Can't wait to see what you do with it! I totally understand the shoe, backpack, jacket thing! It is crazy in my house. A mudroom would be such a luxury! BTW, Jean or Jeannie is fine. Friends call me both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jeannie...wow you have some great finds!!!
    Just stopping by from over at 21 Rosemary Lane to give you the Versatile Blogger Award...yippee! Drop on by and pick it up while it is still hot!

    Also if you haven't already, check out my giveaway at the bottom of the post...it's a tote bag from 31 Gifts.

    Congratulations and have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something you put on your stomach and it somehow stimulates the
    muscle tissues, you get a six pack with no performing anything?
    Seriously, you look at it once again and you thinking? ten ab coaching applications and 150 intensity levels are there in a abdominal Belt.
    A beginner needs to start from the scratch and then gradually moves up by means of the levels.

    The flex belt utilizes ems muscle stimulation technology to
    contract and release your abdominal muscles.We
    all know how hard it is to function every part of your abs
    at as soon as but the flext belt has the technology to target your entire abominal secrtion with the healthcare technology thats in this item has been authorized by the fda for
    nuscle toning. The setting goes from -150 so you have lots of area to improve
    on your ab strength.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and friends - so leave a message and follow me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...