Saturday, January 7, 2012

Shine Your Light's Before & After Link Party

I'm joining Shine Your Light's Link Party.  She's hosting a before and after reveal.  This one is a little different.  I'll post my before picture and spend the month working on my project and reveal the after on January 27th. 

I have so many projects around here it was hard to choose.  I'm pretty sure she'll be hosting this party every month, which gives me a chance to commit to getting a lot of work crossed off my list.

This month I'll be working on my craft dresser.  It's full of all of my fun stuff.  Spray adhesive, glue, ribbon, velcro tabs, card stock, scissors, buttons, glitter...you name it.  But on the outside it's bad.  Really bad.

This picture was taken with my iphone...not that my camera would have helped it any.  And it's hard to make out but I especially love the "MOM" written in pen.  Thanks kids! 
 I have no plans for it just yet.  I'm going to have to brainstorm some.  But it's a solid piece (er, except for the broken drawer) and I'm sure I could drastically improve it.  My first order of business is putting away my Christmas piles that have landed all over the house.

This piece was actually at the bottom of my to-do list.  I keep it in the guest bedroom so I'm pretty much the only one who looks at it.  But the thought of having spur of the moment guests stay the night gives me anxiety.  It's that ugly.  In my defense, when I painted this 6 years ago, I had three children under the age of 2 and it was for the twins' bedroom.  When did I have time to paint?!  It's all a blur.

Hope you'll check back on the 27th for the big reveal.  I mean anything would be an improvement right? 

If you want to join the Before & After link party you can go here...

7 comments:

  1. This party sounds like fun and a good idea to get participants to finish projects in a timely manner. I look forward to seeing what you do with this furniture. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I am now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see your before and after projects-you're right, could really transform that dresser! And thanks for your kind comments on my blog-chicken wire is easy and fun to work with-have you seen the open frames with chicken wire? I made one-a really simple project to do! Following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeannie, so excited that you linked up to Before & After...I can't wait to see how this piece comes out!! It's such a great space for craft storage.
    Look forward to following you! Happy weekend - Lisa
    PS I'm in MA too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This piece has great possiblities Jeannie, I see baskets in some of the drawer spaces:) I'll be back to see what you do with it!
    ♥Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to see it when your finished. Sending you the Happiest New Year Wishes Ever my friend. Just found your beautiful blog and have enjoyed looking around everything is so lovely. I'm now following so we can keep in touch, if you ever find a spare minute I hope you visit me sometime follow back if you like. I look forward to many more wonderful visits with you in 2012 xo
    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the perfect before and after! I want to invite you to stop by my blog and participate in the "impossibility" challenge I am hosting with six other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely Love what you have done to your home..The bathroom is spectacular..

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and friends - so leave a message and follow me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...